Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Columbia County

Legend has it that Columbia County was named after the ill-fated space shuttle.  Legends tend to make the mundane more sexy, and regrettably my money is on Columbia County being named after the river on which passes by.  It's even spelled the same, so unless the river was named after the county, which was named after a blown up shuttle, then I just can't buy into the legend.

So it's October, and I have about 10 counties left to visit.  And the kids have soccer games every weekend and, um, it's October.  I needed to schedule some work meetings around the state, and Portland couldn't accommodate my free parking mandate, I turned to Columbia County and surprisingly, there was a small amount of free parking.  By a small amount I mean a buttload of free parking at a very nice building in St Helens.

As luck would have it, St Helens also has a Burgerville, which is my favorite fast food place.  I went there for lunch and had a pumpkin shake with my lunch.  One thing Burgerville does is on their receipt they include nutritional info and even have suggestions for healthier alternatives to what you order.  Oh and Columbia County was nice, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment