Monday, June 14, 2010

Can't Just Sit Around the House!


My brother came to visit me in May. He was a little down in the dumps and I was hoping to clear his mind. We decided that heading up to the mountains would help clear the cobwebs. The exact moment for this idea came when my brother & I were driving away from Hole in the Ground in Lake County. I started thinking about some of the other places in Oregon I have visited so far this year. And a bunch places I have not been to for many years or have never visited in the 18 years I have lived in Oregon. Would I be able to visit all 36 counties in Oregon in 2010?

I decided to throw the gauntlet down. On myself. And in order to keep track of it, I thought I may as well keep a blog as a diary of sorts to measure my success. By my reckoning I have visited 7 counties as of June 14th: Benton, Klamath, Lake, Lane, Lincoln, Multnomah, and Yamhill.

My hope is this blog will keep me from staying home weekends all summer. Every other week I am blessed with 3 day weekends. On top of that, I anticipate my job will require meeting with folks on the Oregon Coast and also southern Oregon to help with this ambitious plan.

My journal will include the counties I have already visited, as well as updates for new counties under my belt. The hardest to do will be on the eastern part of the state due to how long it will take to travel there. I believe Wallowa County, for example, is at least 8 hours away each way. For the record, Terminal Gravity Brewery is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment